From left: Dorothy in Oz, Audrey in Sabrina, Rhianna (performing at the WMA's)
The Perfect Red Pump is just as essential as the LBD. In The Wizard of Oz, Dorothy's ruby red Swarovski-encrusted slippers gave her the power to return home whenever she desired. After seeing the musical adaptation Wicked, I was inspired to re-examine the ruby slipper and it's necessitation to tap its way into every girl's wardrobe. In Wicked, the slippers gave Nessarose, the witch's crippled-since-babyhood sister, the power to walk again. Nothing short of magic. Here are some of my favorite red pumps for fall:
THere'S nO PLaCe LiKe...
1) The 20's (left) Fornarina Flapper-girlesque pumps.
2) The 30's (center) Miu Miu's black swarovski crystal heels give a vintage glam touch to elegant heels, evoking the silver screen meets costume era that was the 30's.
3) The 50's (below) Sabrina heel's were made popular by Sabrina herself aka Audrey Hepburn. Pumps by Luichiny.
4) The 70's (left)- red platform pumps by Kate Spade.
5) 2007- (center) tye-dye inspired color is infiltrating back into the 21st century. Shoes by Stuart Weitzman.
6) Havana (below) Red salsa shoe by Charles David.
7) Catholic school-at least the rebellious vixen fresh out-(left and center) pumps by Bronx and Alexander McQueen.
8). Hollywood- see Rhianna and Christina (Aguilera) for sassy open-toed red pumps. Pump Marc by Marc Jacobs.
9) HOmE!!! Classic ruby red's from left: Briant Atwood, Alexander McQueen, Manolo Blahnik